If you are like me and struggle to lay down a drum groove then you need to grab this book.
Inside you will find chapters that cover very specialized techniques and processes, each accompanied with before and after audio examples with clear and concise large screen grabs for easy reading. In addition to all detailed descriptions and analysis, each chapter includes clear screen shots from a range of recommended VST software plug ins, showing you every setting, parameter and slider position, plus every single audio example discussed in the book is included (16 bit stereo WAV files), ready to open up in your favourite audio editor and DAW for full analysis. Each process example is carefully analyzed, explaining exactly how each parameter you adjust is altering the audio, ensuring you completely understand how to use the different techniques to professionally construct and transform your drum beats.
Alternatively, you can get this eBook plus 2 more eBooks and tons of videos in the Low End Compilation package which saves you a lot of money!
- How to Use This Book
- Beat Construction – defining the Nod Factor and explaining the elements and processes involved in constructing drum beats
- Dynamics – velocity curves, ADSR components, real-time dynamic automation using velocity curves and Lane Automation, manual editing
- Quantize – defining and using quantize values, creating templates, ripping timing elements from commercial tracks for template construction, manual editing using Slices and Hit points
- Recycle & Battery – slicing and chopping, triggering with NI Battery, creating Midi templates from slices information, re-ordering of sequences into new beats
- Filters – what are they, what types and what they do
- Frequencies & Tuning – a subject rarely covered when it comes to drum sounds and beats, using energy values for tuning, how to use a spectrum analyzer, how to tune to a key or scale, creating and using sub layers
- Shadowing Beats & Ghost Notes – advanced ghosting techniques using manual and automated processes, shadowing entire beats with the original, creating nudge values with lane controllers per note and pattern, using effects to alter shadowing results, using phase cancelation with filters to create new shadow textures
- Modulators – what are they and how to use them both in real-time beat manipulation and dynamic control of each element, using source and destination mod matrices to create movement and texture, layering elements and triggering events, creating sub textures
- Motion – never before explained or explored, this chapter deals with 3D percussive sounds using conventional techniques to enhance the backbone of a beat, advanced motion automation within a spherical domain using binaural Impulse Responses and Transaural processing, emulating surround in a 2D plane using modulators, layering sounds and modulators for cross – motion
- Automation – an enormous chapter dedicated to real-time and static automation, using CC values, using dedicated Automaps for CC control and dynamic destinations, using external controllers, drawing automation lanes with dedicated destinations, automating parameters on plug-ins (effects and dynamics)
- MIDI Control & Templates – continuation from Automation chapter and concentrating on template creation for external controllers and drum replacement software, controller templates, effects templates and mapping templates
- Ripping Beats – a unique insight into this much guarded process, ripping drum elements from commercial breaks, reconstructing each rip into a new beat construct, Hitpoints and Slices and how to map them, manual editing and movement of slice points and values, creating Midi events from slices and re-mapping them into triggers for your own samples
- Ripping Timing Elements – analyzing and profiling commercial drum beats and restructuring their timing values into working templates to use in your beat constructs
- Ripping Drum Elements – profiling all beat elements using peak detection software, drum replacement software, manual slicing and editing, replacing elements with your own sounds and working them into a new construct, using two completely different commercial drum beats and creating a single beat using elements from both, time stretching and warping, phase cancelation with filtering and nudging in layer mode
- Creative Ripping – creating new beats using 3 different beats and all their elements, topping and tailing for optimum dynamic detection, aligning beat elements using manual; editing and pre-defined ripped timing templates, mashing beats, mashing various genres into synced beats
- Profiling – ripping EQ curves and transients into new references for use with your own beats, analyzing and aligning references, creating references using existing software, manipulating references on drum elements
- Creative Tools & Processes – using choice plug-ins for beat constructions, detailed explanation of each plug-in and how it affects the audio, dedicated drum breaks software and how to use them, creative layering of effects and dynamics for beat construction, understanding how to use passive and active EQs to create the sub bounce element of a kick, creating low end kicks using acoustic drum sounds in layer and phase cancel mode
- Dance – creating a Dance beat from ground up using all techniques and processes described in the book
- Urban – creating a Hip Hop beat from ground up using all techniques and processes described in the book
- Contents: 193 pages
- Format: PDF & WAV (16/44.1)
- Compatibility: PC or Mac & any music hardware or software
- Author: Eddie Bazil
- Download Size: 257MB (compressed), 390MB (extracted)
- Delivery: Download instantly after purchase.